♡ peculiarly authentic ♡
my 2010 kinda melody<3

Home site Me Links Random
ASASI UiTM DENGKIL / Foundation Studies
Sunday 13 September 2020 ✿ 07:44 ✿ 0 Ask Me! (s)
Heyhoooo Assalamualaikum !

It has been a while since my last write-up in my blog (which was around 6 years ago). I had to unpublished my entries as they were... sooo 6 years ago hahaha. I really envy that kind of energy I had back than to literally type every single thing that impacted me in my blog. Ah, time flies. Hope that this dictates a sense of maturity T_T and YES today I will be doing some sharing session about my foundation studies in UiTM Dengkil, the place that turned my world entirely! (IN A GOOD WAY I PROMISE)

Okay jadi cerita dia macam ni. There's going to be three parts,
1) Post SPM tips
2) ASiD survival tips 101
3) My precious experience

Now, let's straight away proceed!
1) Post SPM tips

For the juniors, if you are still hesitating of which pre-university level of studies to pursue in, nak sambung mana, uni mana terbaik. What I would suggest to you is after SPM, you have a whole lot of time to do anything you want instead of being a penganggur berjaya basically. To change your future is fully on you. Baca banyak banyak pasal the pathways that you have, do some personality test to see which field are you keen in AND apply if eligible to allllll sorts of scholarships you can try. It's worth trying to apply as the scholarship conditions differ within time. Always follow what your heart wants because by the end of the day, the one being passionate in the pathway they choose would be yourself. Dont sacrifice your life to other's wants and incitements. To all the naive people out there, stop listening to stigmas and myths yang itu ini susah. To all the kids getting scholarships for the field they dont want, then be bold to take a step forward and believe in your own capability because that is what I did back then too :) and never have  i regretted a second of my choice. As long as you're confident in yourself, just believe in the pathway that life has paved for you has been planned smoothly by Him :) Not a single flaw there is in the journey you take. OK.

However if you are determined that you want to continue applying for UPU, bear in mind that there are two types of the upu system. You can read in depth here about foundation studies in universiti awam in Malaysia. Basically, there's asasi tertutup whereby you can only apply your courses for degree in the same university you applied for foundation studies, and also asasi terbuka whereby you are eligible to apply to any universities for degree onwards. So, the pathway of applying degree for asasi UiTM works the same like asasi UM, matrikulasi and stpm (if im not mistaken), you can apply degree in any universities you desire to. however do make thorough research first on the courses u want to apply for degree!

2) ASiD Tips 101

Since I am one of the 2000+ science stream students there, I shall touch more on how I get through a year there as a science course studeng wkwk. Basically what you'll learn in foundation is just a projection of what you have been learning from SPM. If you have been struggling & understanding thoroughly during your SPM years, then foundation is like a bonus year for you where you just need to unleash your knowledge in tests to get them 4.00 in exams. Take note that all the syllabus will be conducted in English. There will be 6 subjects in total for both Sem 1 & Sem 2 which are :

1. Biology *
2. Chemistry *
3. Physics *
4. Mathematics * 
5. English (ELC)
6. Pendidikan Islam (CTU)

All subjects with Asterik* are the subjects that will be used to determine your UPU pointer in which this pointer will be used if you were to apply for your degree courses that requires interview such as Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Forensic Science etc. Some might be asking then whats the point of having ELC & CTU exams ? Well in foundation, there will  be two types of pointers that you will get. First is the UPU pointer, used for upu purposes and the other one is UiTM pointer used for transcript purposes. If there were to be any appreciation day (hari anugerah cemerlang) for academic they will take the UiTM pointer to endorse you. But dont worry, throughout the entire year, there will be 4 academic appreciation award day. Dont miss the chance to strive for them! 

Always focus in class, have a balanced lifestyle there, play badminton or volleyball in the evenings, ride bicylces, jog, create some memories because i'd definitely wish to turn back time to my asasi days haha. Surround yourself with great people, always share and teach others, dont be shy to ask for help if you dont understand, attend religious activities by comrade, join college's activities and many more! Dont waste your foundation days with such a dull routine trust me !

3) My precious experience

Last but not least, is where I would urge you all to join JPK ! :D which is the Jawatankuasa Perwakilan Kolej ! :) Dahlia for siswi, Tualang for siswa. I gained a lot of knowledge there, networking with friends from other courses, experience from handling and organising events, dealing with dignitaries, bonding with Staf Residen Kolej (SRK) and so on! There's a lot more advantage in joining JPK you might want to dm @jpkuitmdengkil on instagram for more hehe. Joinin JPK did not bother my time to study at all, in fact it made my days in Dengkil a lot more fun !! 

and with that, I wrap my blog entry. Thank you for spending time reading ! Feel free to ask and share with future juniors on what they have to know too :) 

Bye byeee~

Dashboard Follow

Little Disclaimer
THIS BLOG IS A MEMORY OF MY CHILDHOOD DIARY
Click on "ask me" at the top right of entry to comment!

be bold, be brave! ;)

Archive


Leave your footsteps here



Thank u;
Skin edit by Malihah Munirah
Basecodes by Adsa
Others ; xx
Most Image by WeHeartIt